Tuesday 9 August 2011

The Secret Garden

Fancy dress is a favorite of many creatives and on this particular occasion my friend Olivia went to depth with her 21st themed The Secret Garden. Of course many interpreted this in there own way, I admit a majority of boys came in shirts and jeans blatantly too embarrassed at the possibility of making an error in judgement. The thing about dressing up is that its not about impressing anyone else. The idea is to have fun. I hate when girls use the opportunity to put on as little clothing as possible and prance around in lederhos or some god awful skin tight leopard print onezee. I sound a little judgemental...I think it might be the influence of Tracey Emin's book.

I wore my Missoni glitter gold trousers and Phillip Lim white blouse. The key to my outfit was accessories, I predicted a majority of girls putting flowers in there hair so decided my method of attraction was to play with make up, buried away in my arts cabinet I discovered some miniscule green jem's which with excessive help of some slightly dodgy looking pritt stick I eventually managed to keep firmly in place across my face. Luckily my bleached hair purple tips were still intact so I felt a little pixie effect. 

Overall I had a wonderful night and Olivia looked beautiful.  




No comments:

Post a Comment