Sunday 13 May 2012

Letters from New York City

I have been visiting manhattan for the past week and Im sad to see my trip come to an end. It was a productive vacation mixed with pleasure. I visited my future school, Parsons and thanked the two professors I had my interview with and who also, I only recently discovered granted me a scholarship :) I snagged a pass to explore the campus with G...we looked a little lost a large majority of the time. Manhattan is heaving, I thought London a busy city but nothing I think in comparison to here. You have to get the correct areas I have concluded. Avoid times square and the busy streets of downtown. Im more of a soho / meat packing district kind of gal.

Starting a little book is always a good way in my opinion to write down places you discover. You can always create sections such as fashion shopping, cafe's, dinner restaurants, movie theaters, book stores, diners, museums , etc. Im slightly less organized than this and combine all my notes with my actual day's writing diary.

These pieces are by Anthrapologie, a store I discovered on third street promenade when I was living in Santa Monica. I adore Anthrapologie, it mixes a bohemian, quirky and feminine stock. It also has a fabulous collection of kitchenware and china's.





I Love lace, my mother has this beautiful couture white lace dress she wore for my Father's 40th. I remember it so well and have often admire it happily hanging in her dressing room. It's a delicate material so if wearing lace ensure that you have no jewelry on which can easily snare.

 

I adore these, I found them for $100 in a wacky little store close to China Town. I also snagged a free T-shirt, controversial for Anna Wintour?

Finally, Murray's Bagels. After watching the new Tim Burton and Jonny Depp film, Dark Shadows. G and I followed the humor on with a delicious Bagel, american style. The only way to do a bagel is with smoked salmon and cream cheese.  

1 comment:

  1. You got a scholarship to Parsons! Thou art a genius (as I always suspected). Loving the booties too. Very pixie xxx

    ReplyDelete