Sunday 18 March 2012

Spring is nigh

A poem by Mary Howitt to start of my blog for spring....


Buttercups and daisies-
Oh the pretty flowers,
Coming ere the springtime
To tell of sunny hours.
While the trees are leafless,
While the fields are bare,
Buttercups and daisies
Spring up here and there.



I woke up this morning to a stroll on dear Chipstead street with Otto striding a long, the sun touched my cheeks and I could feel the season gradually turning a page....not long from now I hope will I have to remember tights with skirts and dresses I can forget the scarf, gloves and dreaded umbrella. Although something beautiful does commence in the spring time showers. 


I always have a love for beautiful florals this time of year, spending time in the country recently...with daffodils blooming, birds chirping, Winter coming to a close and Spring coming to sights is so wonderful.


My mission this month is to visit New Covent Garden Market. Opening hours are 3am - 11am, I have a sense this trip will be worth the pain of an early alarm call. Yesterday afternoon I visited my new favourite The Chelsea Farmers Market, the flower displays really draw me in I struggle to say no to each arrangement. I'm saving for one bunch each week, my waitrose roses and hyacinths have yet to brown. My lovely piano teacher Alice once told me that a loving person will always buy themselves a bunch of flowers each week.


I have felt more drawn than usual to florals recently...here are a few of my recent encounters. 


I have suddenly had a love for china...beautiful floral patterned China. Here is my espresso cup from my favourite Cafe in London, Lowry and Baker. Found just off Ladbroke Grove. 


















My recent wish list is also the sunglasses below I discovered at LIBERTY's A-MORIR by Kerin Rose.
Pixie x

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Very fragrant and evocative of Spring, hope and floral notes... Lovely! I love floral patterned China too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO special to hear from you Sinead! I still think of you often :) Hope the new baby is well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahha!! Have a look at my post today... I love that sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete