Wednesday 11 January 2012

Kate Bellm


Having just returned from the sea and sun I'm a little lost in the cold and dreary. I excitedly opened up my emails to discover the photo shoot I did with Kate Bellm, fashion photographer currently living in Berlin. Ironically, I went to school with Kate years ago. Our recent encounter was quite different from the catholic convent days. We bumped into each other at the Mustique annual New Years eve party held at the cotton house this year a dress code of strictly white. Kate wore a magical almost bridal like dress which really captured me and after conversation I somehow managed to agree to pose for her the following afternoon.




The spot was one I knew well, next to Stanley's fruit stall and the fishermens market, this works particularly well with the color schemes I noticed really make Kate's photographs. Im ok to admit that I'm no model, I tend to get slightly giggly and uncomfortable when asked to strike a pose. I'm an artist so I saw the whole thing as the canvas. I was fascinated by how Kate looks at an object and matches it with another to create a scene, the props, clothes, back ground. We both hate set up photo shoot with stereotype woman, palm trees long glossy hair that floats in perfectly hung curls. It's the more edgy stuff I find appealing.

I hope you like what you see.
Check out Kate's blog on
http://katesworld.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment