Wednesday 9 February 2011

My magazine of the moment is ELLE DECORATION



Im a consistent buyer of magazines, VOGUE, ELLE, GRAZIA, VANITY FAIR, HOUSE AND GARDEN, HOMES AND GARDEN, TANK, WALLPAPER but my favorite pass time at present is running a bath lighting candles and reading Elle Decoration. My mother is an incredibly gifted interior designer her taste is girlie, simple, creative and glamorous. I love visiting houses around the world and seeing how people's homes reflect their personality. My dear friend Trevor is an avid example his country cottage is just entirely him in itself. The kitchen is practically impossible to move in, the large dark wood table with half eaten slices of toast and ash trays with half smoked ciggarettes, take a majority of space as does the warming country ager (a country house without an ager is totally unacceptable) he has a kitchen pantry stocked with all typical english essentials: Heinz ketchup, HP sauce, New Covent Garden jams and marmalade, oat cakes, dorset cereal, Jereboams stinky cheese....the list continues. His living room is my haven, a large log fire, big sofas a huge coffee table stocked with fashion and fine art table books and a portrait of Trev with his lovely wippet Teasel. Its a sanctuary and makes me really feel at home with Trevor. Homes should be like that, make you feel comfertable in your own space and mark who you are. I have plotted my dream home for years now 'the flat above Ralph Lauren in Westbourne Grove'. I grew up in Notting Hill and it stills holds a significant place in my heart.

I picture some girls buying wedding magazines and fantasizing about their future husband and dress....I personally don't get any kick out of that (I watched the fighter last night and have now decided my future husband will be an avid boxer preferably Mark Wahlberg or Christian Bale). I instead chose to dream about what my house will look like when Im older, how I will decorate it and make it my own, paying particualr attention to the dressing room. People's flats I love are Carrie Bradshaw in sex and the city, my buddy Alice H flat off the Kings road. They both have something very feminine and relaxed about them. Elle Decoration gives me SUCH inspiration, check out the website to see what you think. www.elledecor.com

With Love Ali X




My DREAM dressing room....TOTALLY STACKED
Carrie Bradshaw's apartment

1 comment:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it, here

    ReplyDelete