Sunday 26 December 2010

Blow by Blow


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. There is something so special in watching someone open a gift you specifically chose and there face light up. I certainly revel at the sight. I was so excited to spend this Christmas at home. My mother got this incredible book all about one of my icons the late Isabella Blow. I have been keeping an eye on her biography by husband Detmar for a while titled blow by blow but I really got a sneak peek of her incredible life by the large coffee table photographic coffee table hard back covered ISABELLA BLOW by Martina Rink and her very own Philip Treacy. The photographs are so captivating along with the letters written to her, poetry and memoirs. Anna Wintour writes a full page reminiscing on her as a secretary who arrived in flamboyant fancy dress each day, "the maharajah' on one in fact. 'Issy' as her close friends and relatives preferred to call her was one of those show stoppers, she kept any party going and any person laughing. It certainly seemed that way when I met her, just the once but I shall hold it in my heart forever. Wearing a black sequined boob tube, red lipstick plastered across her face, almost as if she had just been doing a dirty deed with one other employer....although from reading the book yesterday I discovered the lipstick mishap was a usual. It was at VOGUE house so she was indeed in work attire although it seemed more like a ball gown skirt to me with some knocker red soled shoes ;) I was slightly intimidated to say the least but my I shall hold that forever. 


The magazine editor was famously credited for discovering designer Alexander Mcqueen and model Sophie Dahl alongside she was the muse of Philip Treacy. Blow sadly committed suicide on the 6th May 2006 a travesty to many. I send her all my love. 




ISSY'S BOOKS..........

No comments:

Post a Comment