Thursday 10 January 2013

Carolyn Roumeguere






I am truly contemplating majoring in Jewelry design, I love urban design, intricate gold pieces, semi precious stones and quite rustic bold statement necklaces and bangles.

I was asked yesterday who my favorite jewelry designer was and with out doubt my most inspirational woman to look up to when it comes to jewels is Carolyn Roumeguere. I first met Carolina in Kenya nine years ago..I was quite young and a little over whelmed by the extraordinary home her husband had built for there family. You could only get there via plane, as it was built on top of a water fall. Parts of the house scatter across the land on different levels, Carolina's bedroom would be on one side her daughter caspia's on the other he workshop just beneath...it was a home out of this world. Carolina was brought up by the masaii after her mother married a masaii man and moved her tow daughters to Kenya with her. A lot of her work is inspired from this culture.

Carolyn's story
Under the shade of an acacia tree, I was taught all I know about color, shape, and design by the Maasai women and young girls. My inspiration still comes from tribal people around the world for I believe that they hold the secret to effortless elegance and style. I like to think of my work as a bridge between tribal people and modern society. I give a percentage of my income to causes who help provide education, healthcare and freedom through choice.
I love life and live to love.


Carolina's beautiful home workshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment