Tuesday 4 December 2012

Panoramic drawing



Panorama is defined as an unbroken view of a whole region surrounding any observer. It is characterized by its long and sweeping horizontal format, which as a visual strategy will be a platform for the formal and conceptual components of my drawing. the final assignment I have been given, will be an idea based project which encourages the use of imagination. I have selected the theme : dreams. My work is in progress but I hope the final will reflect a critical and thoughtful point of view, strong sense of technique and craft and a clean manner of presentation in regards to work.

I began this project today and started with drawing number one. I will have roughly eight drawings in total, each one capturing a glimpse of a dream. Most recently these have been of me in Kenya, which is why I chose the leopard.

 Pattern is also included...pattern is a technique I work with often -  I think it embellishes the drawing and also reflects the aspects of a dream one always forgets. Someone once told me that it is only the last five minutes of a dream we remember....If this is true...they are perhaps the longest five minutes I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment